Please help us by reporting any problems you find.
We make use of Github and Trac to do project management. There, you can see what we are currently working on (Pull Requests), as well as file bug-reports (tickets). NumPy development has already been moved over to Github completely, the SciPy bug tracker is still on Trac but will be moved at some point as well.
- Go to the relevant page:
- On both Github and Trac you need to register an account the first time you use it.
- Make sure the bug hasn't already been reported. Click on "Search". Then, type in some keywords, select "Tickets" and click "Search".
File your bug-report by clicking "New Issue" on Github or "New Ticket" on Trac (note that on Trac this link is only available once you've logged in).
- Note that the bug trackers are mostly for actual bugs, if you want to propose an enhancement, then the mailing list is a better place to get feedback.
Guidelines for submitting bugs
Provide a good description. We tend to ignore tickets named "SciPy is BROKEN!!!", and focus on ones that state the problem clearly, e.g. "scipy.ndimage ignores keyword 'axis'".
- Include a code snippet to illustrate the problem. Try to narrow it down to a few lines.
- If you experience segfaults or memory errors, give a GDB traceback:
$ gdb python GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-573) (Fri Oct 20 15:50:43 GMT 2006) Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin"...Reading symbols for shared libraries .. done (gdb) run -c "import scipy; scipy.test(10,10)" Starting program: /usr/local/bin/python -c "import scipy; scipy.test()" Reading symbols for shared libraries . done Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap. 0x8fe01010 in __dyld__dyld_start () (gdb) c Continuing. Reading symbols for shared libraries . done Reading symbols for shared libraries . done ...Then use the "bt" command after the segfault happens to get the backtrace. Alternatively,
- Set the milestone to the next release.
Thank you for helping to make SciPy better!