- scipy.io.wavfile.read(filename, mmap=False)¶
Return the sample rate (in samples/sec) and data from a WAV file
filename : string or open file handle
Input wav file.
mmap : bool, optional
Whether to read data as memory mapped. Only to be used on real files (Default: False)
New in version 0.12.0.
rate : int
Sample rate of wav file
data : numpy array
Data read from wav file
- The file can be an open file or a filename.
- The returned sample rate is a Python integer.
- The data is returned as a numpy array with a data-type determined from the file.
- This function cannot read wav files with 24 bit data.